Graphics and Microsoft Office SpecialistBates White Economic Consulting, Washington, DC
February 2010 to June 2011 (full-time employee), June 2011 to present (independent contractor).
Use the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, LiveCycle Designer, Dreamweaver, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, CMS (Point & Clique).
- Worked with a design firm to rebrand the company, and created new templates for dozens of corporate templates in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Acrobat.
- Acted as the in-house subject matter expert when upgrading the corporate website from a basic HTML website to a dynamic CMS-run website.
- Created an ebook (in .epub and .mobi) for promotional event.
- Responsible for visual design requests for posters, publications, handouts, event programs, invitations and evites.
- Created custom graphics and charts for various economic reports for legal cases, publications, promotions, and Congressional requests.
- Created or located appropriate stock imagery to correlate with written materials.
- Provided tech support, tutorials (written and dynamic) and training classes for employees to use in-house Microsoft templates.
Creative DirectorJob’s Daughters International
- Taken JDI’s new branding and implemented it across print, web, social media, promotional handouts, business cards, etc. with a purpose of reaching a new generation of girls.
- Spearheaded a branding/promotional fundraiser, wrote a proposal detailing cost analysis and planned execution, designed the necessary artwork, and researched appropriate technologies to maximize profits, and promoted fundraiser via social media. Results: The fundraiser net more profit than all other fundraisers combined for the previous year.
- Created a yearbook of Colorado’s events that served as both a promotional piece, as well as a fundraiser for the organization.
- (In production) Recreating the organization’s ritual in a dynamic ebook format (.epub and .mobi), which will be downloadable for all members.
July 2003 to August 2014
- Responsible for all code, content, images, design and maintenance of website, and supporting social media which is accessed over 1,000 times per month.
- Official Website Photographer of all statewide events, including meetings and special occasions, 2003–2011.
- Did a complete overhaul of Virginia’s website in 2011 as a sample of what was possible with new branding, blending it with new technologies.
- Current website uses WordPress CMS (and a team of contributors), as well as social media to reach our target audience.
- Provided training to additional website contributors on how to use CMS, best practices, etc.
Senior Graphic Designer (Acting Creative Director)ClearChoice Management Services, Greenwood Village, CO May 2013 to August 2013
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CMS (Drupal), Dreamweaver, Eloqua, Axure, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat.
- Created ads for newspapers, magazines, billboards using dynamic data.
- Developed new efficient process for ad creation for multiple vendors.
- Created graphics for website, company blog, social media outlets, CRM (email) campaigns, display ads.
Graphic Artist, Desktop PublisherUnited States International Trade Commission (USITC), Washington, DC
April 2008 to February 2010
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, LiveCycle Designer, Dreamweaver, Contribute, SmartDraw 2009, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, CMS (Teamsite).
- Composed Commission publications for distribution via print or electronic distribution to Congress, the President, USTR, etc.
- Responsible for visual design requests for posters, publications, special covers, invitations, event programs, business cards.
- Worked with the Commission’s in-house print shop and outside printing companies to ensure a quality product, including proof reviews and press inspections.
Graphic and Web Design
- Developed dynamic fillable templates for all departments’ various needs.
- Took customers’ abstract ideas and presented them in a visual manner for use in presentations.
- Created or located appropriate imagery to correlate with written materials.
- Assisted in the redesign of the Commission’s website; responsible for regular updates to the Commission’s public and internal websites, using an HTML editor and CMS (Teamsite).
Graphic Artist, Marketing CoordinatorCGH Technologies, Washington, DC
July 2007 to February 2008
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, HTML, CMS (Mambo, Sharepoint).
- Designed graphics and layouts for handouts, marketing materials, proposals, press releases, and invitations.
- Developed and executed company’s successful conference booth set-up, layout, handouts, and “exhibit booth lure” to attract customers and make contacts.
Project Lead, Multimedia SpecialistNorthrop Grumman Corporation, Fairfax, VA
March 2006 to July 2007
Used the following software/skills: Flash, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, ActionScript, Project.
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps Training
- Graphics Director for 47 seat-hours of course based training (CBT).
- Used 3D environments to make realistic and engaging interfaces and interactivities.
Ft. Sill Field Artillery School
- Developed graphics for interactive courseware used to train students in their different military occupation specialties (MOS).
- Worked closely with instructional designers, programmers and client feedback to create instructionally sound graphics.
Senior Graphic ArtistIntelligent Decision Systems, Inc. (IDSI), Centreville, VA
September 2003 to January 2006
Used the following software/skills: Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, ActionScript, PowerPoint, Publisher, Acrobat, Word, Excel.
Course-based Training & Print Manuals
- Graphics Director for all necessary animations and graphic content.
- Created supporting multimedia pieces for use in training exercises.
- Created graphics for aesthetic look and feel and to keep branding.
- Desktop Publishing Lead for all accompanying manuals, including graphic themes, color schemes, and layout templates.
- Edited copy for print including streamlining course flow.
- Developed numerous marketing pieces for IDSI corporate branding, including posters, exhibits, corporate capabilities, pamphlets, and handouts.
- Created countless custom graphics for RFPs, DoD Bake-offs, and other proposals.
- Technical Editor for conversion of CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological/Nuclear, and High-Yield Explosives) Web-based training to paper-based and 508-compliant training manual.
- Performed Quality Assurance for all projects.
Graphic Artist, Ad Traffic CoordinatorAmerica Online (AOL), Dulles, Virginia
July 2002 to August 2003
Used the following software/skills: HTML, Photoshop, Excel, in-house software and workflows.
AOL Yellow Pages
- Responsible for day-to-day updates both graphical and textual.
- Coordinated redesigns, and implemented modifications to one of AOL’s most popular products.
- Created and modified current promotions and deals using in-house workflows.
- Assured a standard of quality and continuity in the products offered.
- Handled reporting and feedback and analysis of current impressions of products displayed.
Multimedia SpecialistMine Action Information Center (MAIC), Harrisonburg, Virginia
September 2000 to July 2002
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Publisher, HTML, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word, Dreamweaver.
- Compiled articles and conference proceedings for publication.
- Designed graphical layouts and documentation for direct mailings, invitations, and presentations.
- Designed interactive multimedia for mine removal, used by the international mine removal community.
Graphic Artist InternshipNavy Federal Credit Union Headquarters, Vienna, Virginia
May 2000 to January 2002
Used the following software/skills: QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word.
- Searched popular stock photography websites for appropriate images for use in marketing campaigns.
- Using stock photographs, modified and manipulated pictures for use in posters, direct mailers, and other marketing materials.
- Created mock-up images, posters, and exhibitions for potential national and international marketing campaigns.
- Provided proofreading assistance for QA of NFCU’s printed materials.
In addition to the Marketing Department, I also supported the Mortgage Collections Department and the Credit Card Fraud and Dispute Department during my internship.