Candidate for Colorado House of Representatives (District 39)Douglas and Teller Counties, Colorado
January 2018 to November 2018
- Met with individuals, groups and organizations all over Douglas County, Teller County, and at the state level to determine the most pressing needs and the most viable solutions.
- Spoke publicly, researched topics thoroughly, and answered requests for surveys and interviews.
- Developed my own branding, signage, marketing techniques, mailers, etc, which resulted in significant gains in a heavily gerrymandered district. (50% increase over 2014 election)
- Promoted my issues via social media, mailers, in-person meetings, and in public signage.
Use the following skills/software: public speaking, research, fundraising, proofreading, advertising, marketing; Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, CMS (WordPress), Word, Excel.
Graphics and Microsoft Office SpecialistBates White Economic Consulting, Washington, DC
February 2010 to June 2011 (full-time employee), June 2011 to present (independent contractor).
- Worked with a design firm to rebrand the company, and created new templates for dozens of corporate templates in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Acrobat.
- Acted as the in-house subject matter expert when upgrading the corporate website from a basic HTML website to a dynamic CMS-run website.
- Created an ebook (in .epub and .mobi) for promotional event.
- Responsible for visual design requests for posters, publications, handouts, event programs, invitations and evites.
- Created custom graphics and charts for various economic reports for legal cases, publications, promotions, and Congressional requests.
- Created or located appropriate stock imagery to correlate with written materials.
- Provided tech support, tutorials (written and dynamic) and training classes for employees to use in-house Microsoft templates.
Use the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, LiveCycle Designer, Dreamweaver, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, CMS (Point & Clique).
Creative DirectorJob’s Daughters International Creative Director, Long Range Planning Committee March 2011 to August 2017
- Taken JDI’s new branding and implemented it across print, web, social media, promotional handouts, business cards, etc. with a purpose of reaching a new generation of girls.
- Spearheaded a branding/promotional fundraiser, wrote a proposal detailing cost analysis and planned execution, designed the necessary artwork, and researched appropriate technologies to maximize profits, and promoted fundraiser via social media. Results: The fundraiser net more profit than all other fundraisers combined for the previous year.
- Created a yearbook of Colorado’s events that served as both a promotional piece, as well as a fundraiser for the organization.
- Recreated the organization’s ritual (English and Portuguese versions) in a dynamic ebook format (.epub and .mobi), which is downloadable for all members via Amazon and Nook.
July 2003 to September 2012
- Responsible for all code, content, images, design and maintenance of website, and supporting social media which is accessed over 1,000 times per month.
- Official Website Photographer of all statewide events, including meetings and special occasions, 2003–2011.
- Did a complete overhaul of Virginia’s website in 2011 as a sample of what was possible with new branding, blending it with new technologies.
- Current website uses WordPress CMS (and a team of contributors), as well as social media to reach our target audience.
- Provided training to additional website contributors on how to use CMS, best practices, etc.
Senior Graphic Designer (Acting Creative Director)ClearChoice Management Services, Greenwood Village, CO May 2013 to August 2013
- Created ads for newspapers, magazines, billboards using dynamic data.
- Developed new efficient process for ad creation for multiple vendors.
- Created graphics for website, company blog, social media outlets, CRM (email) campaigns, display ads.
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CMS (Drupal), Dreamweaver, Eloqua, Axure, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat.
Graphic Artist, Desktop PublisherUnited States International Trade Commission (USITC), Washington, DC
April 2008 to February 2010
- Composed Commission publications for distribution via print or electronic distribution to Congress, the President, USTR, etc.
- Responsible for visual design requests for posters, publications, special covers, invitations, event programs, business cards.
- Worked with the Commission’s in-house print shop and outside printing companies to ensure a quality product, including proof reviews and press inspections.
Graphic and Web Design
- Developed dynamic fillable templates for all departments’ various needs.
- Took customers’ abstract ideas and presented them in a visual manner for use in presentations.
- Created or located appropriate imagery to correlate with written materials.
- Assisted in the redesign of the Commission’s website; responsible for regular updates to the Commission’s public and internal websites, using an HTML editor and CMS (Teamsite).
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, LiveCycle Designer, Dreamweaver, Contribute, SmartDraw 2009, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, CMS (Teamsite).
Graphic Artist, Marketing CoordinatorCGH Technologies, Washington, DC
July 2007 to February 2008
- Designed graphics and layouts for handouts, marketing materials, proposals, press releases, and invitations.
- Developed and executed company’s successful conference booth set-up, layout, handouts, and “exhibit booth lure” to attract customers and make contacts.
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, HTML, CMS (Mambo, Sharepoint).
Project Lead, Multimedia SpecialistNorthrop Grumman Corporation, Fairfax, VA
March 2006 to July 2007
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps Training
- Graphics Director for 47 seat-hours of course based training (CBT).
- Used 3D environments to make realistic and engaging interfaces and interactivities.
Ft. Sill Field Artillery School
- Developed graphics for interactive courseware used to train students in their different military occupation specialties (MOS).
- Worked closely with instructional designers, programmers and client feedback to create instructionally sound graphics.
Used the following software/skills: Flash, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, ActionScript, Project.
Senior Graphic ArtistIntelligent Decision Systems, Inc. (IDSI), Centreville, VA
September 2003 to January 2006
Course-based Training & Print Manuals
- Graphics Director for all necessary animations and graphic content.
- Created supporting multimedia pieces for use in training exercises.
- Created graphics for aesthetic look and feel and to keep branding.
- Desktop Publishing Lead for all accompanying manuals, including graphic themes, color schemes, and layout templates.
- Edited copy for print including streamlining course flow.
- Developed numerous marketing pieces for IDSI corporate branding, including posters, exhibits, corporate capabilities, pamphlets, and handouts.
- Created countless custom graphics for RFPs, DoD Bake-offs, and other proposals.
- Technical Editor for conversion of CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological/Nuclear, and High-Yield Explosives) Web-based training to paper-based and 508-compliant training manual.
- Performed Quality Assurance for all projects.
Used the following software/skills: Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, ActionScript, PowerPoint, Publisher, Acrobat, Word, Excel.
Graphic Artist, Ad Traffic CoordinatorAmerica Online (AOL), Dulles, Virginia
July 2002 to August 2003
AOL Yellow Pages
- Responsible for day-to-day updates both graphical and textual.
- Coordinated redesigns, and implemented modifications to one of AOL’s most popular products.
- Created and modified current promotions and deals using in-house workflows.
- Assured a standard of quality and continuity in the products offered.
- Handled reporting and feedback and analysis of current impressions of products displayed.
Used the following software/skills: HTML, Photoshop, Excel, in-house software and workflows.
Multimedia SpecialistMine Action Information Center (MAIC), Harrisonburg, Virginia
September 2000 to July 2002
- Compiled articles and conference proceedings for publication.
- Designed graphical layouts and documentation for direct mailings, invitations, and presentations.
- Designed interactive multimedia for mine removal, used by the international mine removal community.
Used the following software/skills: Photoshop, Publisher, HTML, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word, Dreamweaver.
Graphic Artist InternshipNavy Federal Credit Union Headquarters, Vienna, Virginia
May 2000 to January 2002
- Searched popular stock photography websites for appropriate images for use in marketing campaigns.
- Using stock photographs, modified and manipulated pictures for use in posters, direct mailers, and other marketing materials.
- Created mock-up images, posters, and exhibitions for potential national and international marketing campaigns.
- Provided proofreading assistance for QA of NFCU’s printed materials.
Used the following software/skills: QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word.
In addition to the Marketing Department, I also supported the Mortgage Collections Department and the Credit Card Fraud and Dispute Department during my internship.